Mar 21, 2009

Useless knowledge

Do you ever feel like you know way too much about a topic than you should or want to? I am feeling that way with web design. I am working on redesigning the BSU communication department's website, & I was hired by a friend to design one for their business. I don't know...I feel like I have learned so much about something I could care less about. Yeah I know that it is a skill that is marketable to companies, but if you really hate it, is it worth having that skill? I have absolutely 0 desire to do this for a living in anyway.

Since I am full of this useless knowledge, I thought I'd share a few things that I have learned.

  • Content Management Systems are the way to go for updating anything
  • The free wordpress stinks. You are so limited in what you can do.
  • Wordpress that you have to install is very cool...you can do anything with it.
  • www.byethost.com offers hosting for $2.99 for unlimited storage
Now incase you are asking why I shared these few things, I just wanted you to have a little of the useless knowledge that I have. Isn't it great?

3 comments:

Reese said...

I could use a lot more of that useless knowledge. It seems like website design is all that an employer wants these days. I really need to learn how. But guess what?? I don't really want to be a graphic designer. It was just a way for me to learn how to create things for my passion of writing for children. I won't make any money writing so I'll probably end up trying to design for a living. Arg! Working is so tricky.

Miss Me said...

I am so full of useless knowledge but thanks for more.....it's kind of interesting I guess...but yes, useless to me....

Anonymous said...

i may have another well-paying job to refer to you so the gregster can use more of that valuable, worthless knowledge at. let me know...pops