May 15, 2009

Twas the night before........

A day that I thought would never come will be here tomorrow. Tomorrow I graduate! I have been thinking a lot about graduation for the past month. It has just been one more thing. You would think that for all the hard work and all the long years that went towards getting this thing that I would feel something. Well today, I was looking at the Boise State web page looking over last min things I need to do for commencement tomorrow. On the page, they had a slide show of all the graduates from last year. I found myself being drawn in to watch. It was funny, I started watching it because I wanted to get an idea of what to wear, but as I was watching it, those feelings that haven't been there all of the sudden hit. I'll admit that I found myself tearing up realizing what has happened and what is happening. It really caught me off guard. (Just thinking about it right now is bringing back those feelings). I'm interested in how I'll respond tomorrow as I walk across that stage, doing my last thing as a student of Boise State University. College has been a big part of my life for a very very very very very long time. I'm not sure I know how to act knowing that there isn't for school to attend next semester. It has been a long road, & I feel like I am stuck at an intersection, with new adventures awaiting no matter what way I turn.

I just wanted to say thanks. Even if you don't know it, if you are one of the people reading this you have inspired me in some way. I really do think this has been a team effort.

If for some reason you want to watch me walk across the stage tomorrow, the ceremony is from 10-12 mountain time. You can watch it online if you have real player. Here is the link to the live video if you do feel the need to watch. http://academics.boisestate.edu/provost/commencement/live-web-broadcast/

8 comments:

(me)linda said...

It does feel a little bit like Christmas.

KD said...

Yeah for you guys!!!! Congrat's that's super exciting to finally be done!

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg. Falene and Chris here. Wouldn't let me post with my blogger ID. Congrats! We are so excited for you guys as you move on to the next step in life. We wish you the best of luck with your job search. Love ya.

Miss Me said...

Congrats Greggers!!! We're so happy that you're done!!! Yeah!!!

Reese said...

Yay for graduation day! Woo woo! Enjoy.

Unknown said...

Saw you graduate on the live feed. Pretty cool. Congrats again.

Bryant Quigley said...

Proud of you Greg! NICE WORK! It must feel great and wierd to be done... Can't waite until I'm done. Only a few more months. YEAH!! Hope you find what your looking for in a job soon. Wish you the best in your search!! The BBQ was fun today. Thanks!!
BIG QUIG

Mama Q said...

Greg, It was so fun to be with you at graduation. We couldn't be more proud of you and Melinda! You have worked long and hard for this. We're also excited for the future for your family. We have our fingers and toes crossed that the perfect job will come along! Love you, Dad and Mom Q