Jul 21, 2009
Photoshop is amazing
I just got back from a week long trip to Canada. Just over eight years ago, I proposed to Melinda by a waterfall in Waterton. Every time we are up there, we make a trip to Waterton since it is a special place for us. I decided this time to try and take a panoramic shot over the lake from Just outside the Prince of Whales hotel. I love taking pano's but for some reason I wasn't thinking when I took the eight pictures to be stitched together in Photoshop to make the final pano shot. I remembered to make sure that each picture had overlap, but I forgot to set the exposure to be the same. Needless to say that when we got home that evening to my grandparents house I was a little bugged that my pano looked horrible. I ended up spending about an hour trying to fix the exposure on each picture to try to get them to match. I was finally able to get 6 of them to look ok and made a pano out of that. This morning I remembered that Photoshop CS4 is supposed to be better at merging all the pictures together than CS3 which is what I had on my laptop. I decided to try it again. I was amazed that I was able to use all eight pictures this time and you can't see the seems. I can't believe that it was able to adjust for my wrong exposures to make it look like one continuous picture. Anyways, I thought I'd sahre it here. The original picture is over 3 feet long at full resolution. Just click on the picture to see a little bit bigger version.
4 comments:
Gorgeous Greg.......the picture, not you...haha!!
All you need is Melinda in the shot. I like how you call it a pano.
Beautiful. You need another one with you & Melinda in it.
Cool Pic Greg!! You should print it using Cosco's website... It's real cheep and they mail it right to your house.
Post a Comment