Just over a month ago, I really messed up my knee. The interesting thing with it was that it happened in my right leg which has not had any feeling in it since 1999. For me to have any feeling, let alone pain was highly unusual. Anyways, after two doctor visits, I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus and would need to have surgery on it. I ended up having an MRI on Tuesday morning to get a final look at the knee. Wednesday morning I received a call from my doctor where he said that "I have good news and bad news for you." The good news ended up being that I did not tear my meniscus and do not need surgery at this point. That was very good news, I have been worried about that for many reasons. Who really wants to have surgery anyways? The bad news ended up being that my meniscus and bone around it are under heavy compression and are not in good shape. He told me that what I did was actually more painful than tearing my meniscus because it feels like a broken bone in my knee. No wonder I have hardly been able to walk for the last month! Anyways, he said that this type of injury should heal on its own in a few months. I do need to take it easy because I could still tear my meniscus and then need to have surgery on top of what I have now. Oh well.
Jan 21, 2010
Surgery
Just over a month ago, I really messed up my knee. The interesting thing with it was that it happened in my right leg which has not had any feeling in it since 1999. For me to have any feeling, let alone pain was highly unusual. Anyways, after two doctor visits, I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus and would need to have surgery on it. I ended up having an MRI on Tuesday morning to get a final look at the knee. Wednesday morning I received a call from my doctor where he said that "I have good news and bad news for you." The good news ended up being that I did not tear my meniscus and do not need surgery at this point. That was very good news, I have been worried about that for many reasons. Who really wants to have surgery anyways? The bad news ended up being that my meniscus and bone around it are under heavy compression and are not in good shape. He told me that what I did was actually more painful than tearing my meniscus because it feels like a broken bone in my knee. No wonder I have hardly been able to walk for the last month! Anyways, he said that this type of injury should heal on its own in a few months. I do need to take it easy because I could still tear my meniscus and then need to have surgery on top of what I have now. Oh well.
0 comments:
Post a Comment