Apr 21, 2009
Flight of the bumble bee
So I have all sorts of theories on the flight of insects. The other day I was walking back to my car from a class and noticed a bee flying around me. I just kept walking but it could easily fly faster than I could walk. This got me thinking, if a bee can fly faster than I can walk, & I was walking pretty fast, how fast can a bee fly? I was wondering this in terms of the bee, not humans. I mean to us, a bee may be able to fly 20mph or something, but what does that translate to according to its size? The have to be flying at 100mph plus. Anyways, just a random thought I thought I'd share.
2 comments:
It's not only amazing that they can fly fast; but also that they can fly at all. Aeronautical engineers have done calculations showing that is is mathematically impossible for them to be able to fly. The Big Guy's creations are truly remarkable! luv...pops p.s. keep pondering!!!
BTW, Gregster...surley love the new IE spell checker you helped me find. thanks again!...pops
Post a Comment