Jan 10, 2009

Raw Music

I think anyone that knows me well, knows that I love music. I love finding new artists and listening to all types of music..well except country. I think I would like country if the singers learned how to hit a note and not search for it by hitting every other note around it until they get the right one. Back to the point. A couple of months ago I came across "rawsession" on youtube. What it is a place where they record up and coming artists in very high quality so others can get to know them. Something that I think is cool is that many of the artists do covers of current popular songs.

Dirty Heads was the first band I saw on rawsession. I was actually surprised when I saw them on there because I already knew them and saw them in concert over a year ago. I thought I'd share their version of Coldplay's Viva la Vida. I really like this version, it is very different than the original.




The other guy I really like on there is a guy named Rome. I have tried to find more info on him but all I have been able to find is a site where you can book him for your party or something. Anyways I think he has a really cool voice & I actually like this version better than the original.



Anyways, rawsession is pretty cool & you should check it out if you want to hear some new music & artists.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY GREGSTER...THIS IS GOOD STUFF. L REALLY ENJOYED THE POST AND ALSO POLKING AROUND IN RAW SESSION. YOU ROCK THE PLANET! luv...pops