So I did some research today and found out that roads in the US are at least 12 feet wide. I also found out that the average width of a car is 6 feet, but a car can't be wider than 8 feet. So let's do some math shall we? If a road is 12 feet wide and a car is 6 feet wide (12-6=6) that leaves 6 feet of space around the car or roughly 3 feet per side if the driver drives in the center. Now I believe that the average driver is smart enough to try and keep close to the 3 feet of space on each side. I realize that it is sometimes hard to drive in a completely straight line so that number might change just a little bit. Are we on the same page so far?Why are there idiots out there that feel they need to drive on the dotted line so they can be a close as possible to your car? If you are going to drive on the line, pick the side of the road, not the side where you are right next to cars! I saw a couple of people driving on the dotted line today, both almost causing accidents. Sometimes I wish I could drive around with a hidden camera and get these people on tape to get their license revoked.
What we need is an awareness campaign to get these people thinking about others. As in other walks of life, people these days are increasingly thinking only of themselves, and their families. It is that simple. There is nothing else in their heads. You can see it on their blank faces as you skim past them into the bushes. If you honk at them, they look shocked and affronted. They just don't have a clue what they are doing.
Think, people! We are as important as you are. We all have our lives to protect. Show at least some consideration for us. Stop behaving like arrogant, self-righteous, utterly selfish pigs.
1 comments:
Okay then!!! I'm sorry I fell asleep and ran into the beer truck! After this I will wake up and stay well within my share of the road! Humbly, Mama Q
Post a Comment