May 29, 2008

purpose of college

Over the many many many long years of being in college, my perception on the purpose of it has changed. I remember as a freshman thinking I was going there to gain an education, to learn new things, and be a continuation of high school. I then changed my perception to be that employers look at a degree as you can stick something out and can learn new things. My view of college has changed dramatically in these last few months. I now feel that college is a place of learning, but not the stuff you take classes for. I think that the purpose of college is to learn patience. Who would have thought that a university would have so many incompetent people teaching. You are faced with the choice of correcting them which can drastically effect your grade, or being patient and letting them think the way they do. I have decided that I am sick of school and want to be done with it as soon as possible. Therefore I have chosen the patient route. Who would have guessed college would be so hard!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Amen. I've gotten into the hot seat opening my big mouth to contradict the teacher. BYU-I teachers, especially, think that they are God's gift to man. I'm just glad that I have 2 semesters left.

Reese said...

That was a really negative thing to say. I should have said something more to the effect of, "Go Greg, College is your friend! Don't worry, be happy." Just kidding :-)