May 3, 2008

Kinetic Typography

What is kinetic typography you ask? Well in short, it is using moving words to show a message or something. I saw some examples of this and wanted to give it a try. This is what I have come up with for a final video project. It is a classic Saturday Night Live skit featuring Chris Farley where he is a motivational speaker. (living in a van down by the river)

I'll admit, that it turned out to be a very ambitious thing to do. I probably spent at least 15 hours on this 2 1/2 min video. I learned a lot from it. It was fun to try and recreate the emotion of the skit with only words. Who knows if I accomplished it, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Anyways, here is the world premiere of my kinetic typography project. let me know what you think.



4 comments:

(me)linda said...

Good job babe. It looks much better with the changes to the pink text.

Anonymous said...

Very Very Funny! And very creative, Greg! I loved it. Mama Q

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I have to take a typography class...or should I say that I get to take a typography class this fall. I need some serious help with type. Looks like you've got it though. Great job!

Jana said...

That was really cool! I do think it worked!