While I was looking around at some stuff today I came across this picture. It is actually from 2005 but I still think it is pretty cool. I guess there are some scientists over in Germany that can create objects less than a thousandth of a millimeter using laser micro-machining. Now don't get me wrong, the idea of creating such micro objects is really cool, but why are we helping out flies? Flies eyes are already made up of thousands of lenses, do we really need to give them better vision? I already have a hard time swatting at them, I'm sure these glasses won't help my cause!
Now I know what you might be thinking...those glasses look like they were photoshoped on. It is April Fools. Well, I agree, they do look like they were added in Photoshop and it is April Fools. The thing is is that this is for real. Here is the companies website so you can check it out yourself: http://www.micreon.de/
Crazy times we are living in!
0 comments:
Post a Comment