Apr 19, 2008

so...

It has been over a month now since I started this bad boy. I still don't have a clue what this blog is about. Maybe I should just start writing about something really obscure like the origins of the smurfs, I don't know.

Have you ever thought about the world you live in? Not earth, but your own little world. For example, everyone knows the sky is blue and grass is green. How do you know what is blue to you is not red to someone else? Maybe the color of the sky in my world is what is red in yours. I don't think a red sky is wierd because in my world, the sky is what I call blue. How do we know what it is like in someone else's world? Maybe this is why something could be beautiful to one and not another. Who knows what the person next to you sees. I don't know if I could handle it if I did know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well try to describe a color to a blind person, think about that!

Do any of us really "know" what our blogs are about? I sure don't.

Gwenny said...

Dude, I'm just impressed your doing a blog. I think it's great.

Greg said...

You could not describe that if there is no common frame of reference, in a shared experience, which a blind person would not have of color (if they were blind all their life, of course).

Communication between two beings requires that the same symbol or sign refers to the same type of experience to make the connection, so that both know that they are agreeing on what they would experience when a given sign or symbol is used to express it - as communication is the transmission of a given truth into another mind, which can only be done if there is such an agreed-upon protocol - all language is based upon that.

With that said...how would a blind person describe the way they see the world to someone that sees? Think about how crazy their perceived world may be compared to ours.

Anonymous said...

Pretty deep man. And I thought that I was the only emo in the family...ha ha.

Gwenny said...

Wow, that was DEEP!! I can't even soak that all in. :)