Apr 11, 2008

ever feel sleep deprived?

Working nights, I had many weeks were I would only get a few hours of sleep for the entire week. I was definitely tired. The guy pictured here is KeKe Luv, a local radio DJ. Wednesday at 5:00pm he complete the longest work week of his life. He stayed awake for 175 hours and worked the entire time. If you don't feel like doing the math, that is 7 days. He did it to raise awareness for child abuse. It didn't start as a way to raise money, but so many people were touched that a new center will be built in the valley.

I just wanted to say my personal congratulations on this world record, and for doing it for a good cause. I can't imagine anyone abusing a child. KeKe was even recognized in congress this week for his efforts. Here is an article about it:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/348503.html

0 comments: