
The NCAA tournament is still going strong. Most of my teams have been out since the first round but I still enjoy watching. It seems like every year there is some Cinderella team that surprises everyone. This year isn't any different. I have found myself cheering for this years Cinderella or should I say David as in Davidson College. I think most people enjoy cheering for the underdog and this is not an exception to that. However, there is an another big reason why I am rooting for them. The trustees at Davidson (located in North Carolina) have offered any student going to the college a free trip to the game. They will pay for the bus ride (11 hrs to Detroit), & tickets to the game. Now that is a cool school, they realize how big this is for the school and the students and want them there to cheer on their team. As of last night, they had 300 students going and had even more wanting to go if they could find the bus to get them there. Even though they will be playing Wisconsin, a team that I have ties to, I'm going to be cheering on the Wildcats of Davidson!
1 comments:
Good call, Greg. Davidson really took it to Wisconsin. Del Currie's son must be a pretty awesome player.
Post a Comment